Colorado Latinos Rising Canvasser (5 positions open)
Colorado People’s Action (CPA) is a member driven organization dedicated to winning long-lasting progressive public policies in Colorado. CPA builds power by mobilizing voters, electing our own people to office, holding elected officials accountable, and working to put people before profits.
Colorado People’s Action (CPA) is working to build power in Colorado by developing and lifting up the voices of community leaders who are most directly affected by the issues we work on and by putting people first. The Canvasser will work on implementing CPA’s Field Program in Congressional District 6 with an emphasis on building power, and a strong base of members.
Field – The canvasser will implement CPA’s 2016 civic and voter engagement program. The position will require you to engage voters at the doors, you will perform targeted door-to-door canvassing in assigned, pre-selected communities, in coordination with a network of organizational partners.
Systems & Data – The canvasser must utilize data systems regularly. You must document information regarding all required metrics and cavass results including information as; the number of homes canvassed, number of contacts made, number of community resident stories recorded, and the amount and type of information requested by community residents during a canvass shift.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build genuine relationships with grassroots community members.
- Complete and coordinate special projects as needed.
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends.
- Demonstrated ability to manage details and track information.
- Is comfortable in the field working directly with grassroots leaders.
- Computer literacy.
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred but not required.
- Understands and is comfortable with a diverse range of organizing and organizational models and methodologies.
- Experience canvassing.
- A strong commitment to social, racial, and economic justice and progressive political change.
This is an hourly position
HOW TO APPLY
Send electronic cover letter and resume with at least three references to Jordan Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject CANVASSER APPLICATION – position is open until filled.